Paga Recruitment 2020. Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1). POS Programs Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Financial Services
Reporting Line: General Manager, Sales & Distribution
About The Role
- This role is responsible for planning and implementing Paga’s Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal deployment programs and related offerings for mobile money agents. This individual will lead, manage and hold accountable Agent Network Sales and Support staff and manage all aspects of the design and rollout of the POS programs.
- The main goal is to achieve Paga’s POS device penetration while providing the executive management with response actions in keeping in line with set business objectives and develop contingency plans (as required) to address shortfalls or excesses.
- The successful POS Programs Manager will have an interest and/or knowledge of operation within the Financial, FMCG and/or Retail sectors with expertise in data and campaign focused positions.
- Work with senior management to define the vision, scope and requirements for the POS terminal rollout programs. This includes the Support and handling of research, follow up on issues, and the evaluation, installation, and monitoring of potential or selected new vendors/systems.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and foster close collaboration with relevant stakeholders (including device OEMs, banks, PTSPs and Switches) to ensure the highest quality services at the most competitive price
- Champion the sourcing activity by vendors and partners to identify the best providers in technology and latest POS devices globally
- Manage POS terminal orders end-to-end including ensuring all necessary documentations are secured
- Manage Paga POS device specifications, customizations, testing and onboarding process
- Report, on a monthly basis, the POS revenue achieved vs. target for profitability
- Provide competitive insight by monitoring and evaluating market trends for positive revenue on the device offerings Monitor
- Coordinate the servicing and management of the device demands/requirements to ensure 100% functionality
- Provide operational leadership, coach and mentor the POS device team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the sub-unit
- Assist/advise Product teams on the design and development of new products that maximize the utility of the POS terminals.
- Acts as the primary interface to Paga’s service providers as relates to POS programs, including banks, PTSPs, Switches and equipment manufacturers.
- Develops and documents policies and procedures for in order to ensure compliance with established standards and regulations.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Work with the Marketing team to increase usage of POS services on Paga
- Keeps current and maintain extensive knowledge of the Rules and Regulations regarding POS rollout and the processing of card transactions and electronic payments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, and any other related social sciences.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including 2+ years managing components of a device program.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with business executives, vendors and peers through effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiating/influencing skills.
- Extensive experience managing stakeholder relationships.
- Adaptive and flexible, can anticipate and adapt to new situations and changing demands and respond proactively to enhance financial performance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively present, explain, negotiate and monitor projects and tasks.
- Highly regiment and detail oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Able to perform independently and as part of the team; be both hands-on and a high-level strategic thinker. Team player, highly collaborative, with ability to manage a diverse team.
- Experience in managing projects with an ability to handle multiple assignments and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation. High degree of initiative and results orientation.
- Experience in device specification development, device supply, device retail/sales, channel development and problem management
- Experience with FMCG, Marketing or Retail Category Management preferred.
- Experience in customer management, market research, marketing strategy development, execution, and performance tracking
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a time sensitive environment.
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institutions, payment processing flows (especially electronic payments), and the financial networks for processing.
- Working knowledge of Banking/Financial Institution regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to understand, use, monitor, and evaluate varying types of computer systems
2). Team Lead, Learning & Development
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Financial Services
Career Level: Senior Associate, Grade 10
Reports To: Head, Human Capital
About the Role
- We are looking for a Learning and Development (L&D) team lead who will be responsible for establishing and enhancing strategies that enable our organization, teams, managers, and employees to grow personally and professionally. You will oversee all learning, development and training for our Nigeria team and play a key role in promoting a culture of continuous learning in a practical and applicable way.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about helping people learn and grow with a proven track record of designing, delivering, managing & tracking training and development programs across all levels of the organisation. Excellent communication skills are essential.
- You will be responsible for establishing a positive culture of learning, personal development, up-skilling, growth, and succession planning. You will have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritise tasks that will contribute to the strategic planning process.
- Ultimately, you will help our company succeed and contribute to our massive transformative purpose by taking charge of the training and developing of Paga employees
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training programs)
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops, and other trainings
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Track the learning and development budget and negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities for the Learning & Development team, evaluating and managing performance.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned or needed
Requirements, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in Human Resources, Social Sciences or in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- A professional qualification of ATD, CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM or HRCI
- Strong consultative, coaching, and project management skills
- Ability to provide thought leadership and expertise on learning and development topics
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Strong attention to detail, diligence and adherence to high standards
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Constant curiosity and interest in keeping up with Learning & Development trends and best practices.
- Understanding of adult learning theory, and instructional design principles.
- Ability to provide post-training analysis both quantitatively and qualitatively
- A strong focus on internal customers’ needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis in demonstrating return on investment in training. A qualified candidate will be focused on how training contributes to the company’s bottom line and will have the analytical skills to justify programmatic decisions with data.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Excellent communication with the ability to engage and build a rapport with employees at all levels.
- An adept negotiator with strong business acumen
- An energetic and willing attitude
- Self-driven and hardworking
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite
3). Business Developer (Sales & Distribution)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Human Capital
Career Level: Grade 3
Sector: Financial Institution
Reports To: Regional Manager, Lagos Region
About the Role
- The Business Developer (BD) manages the relationships between the company and Paga agents within his / her zone with a focus to ensure long-term growth and sustainability of the agent network. The main goal is to grow existing customers and acquire new customers.
Achievement of commercial targets set for the zone
- A Business Developer has ownership for achieving the commercial targets set for assigned zone. These include targets for active agent, transaction mix, transaction value, transaction volume and others as may be assigned. Responsibilities related to these include:
- Agent retention / growth
- Ensure appropriate cash and electronic-float levels.
- Maintain consistent growth in active agent, transaction count and value
- Monitor agent activity to ensure compliance with Paga standards in alignment with the Agent Compliance Handbook.
- Assess the activities and performance of agents in their zone and report to the Field Supervisor where applicable.
New agent recruitment, registration and account set-up:
- Recruit viable agents within their zone to support the specific use cases defined by the company.
- Guide prospective agents in completing the agency registration process.
- Assist new agents to setup their Paga accounts in readiness for processing customer transactions.
- Train Paga agency owners and staff on all aspects of managing the agency and serving Paga customers.
Visibility of agent outlets
- Ensure all agent outlets are properly branded / activated (internally and externally) to maximize visibility for Paga.
- Representing Paga in the assigned zone:
- Develop and maintain a positive, professional relationship with all agency principals and outlet assistants in their zone.
- Communicate important company updates to the agents in their zone and ensuring that the information is understood.
- Raise issues and communicate insights internally to ensure that relevant resources are deployed to strengthen the Paga business in their zone.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to understand and report issues appropriately
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Experience: Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in FMCG sales
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Think and take initiative as well as ownership of assigned zone
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Good judgement and decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via Paga Recruitment 2020 Portal below: