Tension Mounts As Buhari, Army Gets 15-day Ultimatum To Expose Lekki Massacre Soldiers, 4 More Death Recorded
Lekki: Right groups give FG, Army 15-day ultimatum to fish out ‘killer’ soldiers

A coalition of four civil society groups- Campaign for Democracy (CD), Human Rights, Liberty Access and Peace Defenders’ Foundation (HURIDE), Civil Liberties Organization (CLO) and Igbo Elders Forum (IEF) – yesterday, gave 15-day ultimatum to the Federal Government and the Army to fish out soldiers that shot peaceful protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos, to avert another protest.

The groups berated Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for what they termed “double standard” of allegedly inviting soldiers, denying knowledge of who invited them and setting up panel to probe killings.

This is as the Amnesty International (AI) insisted that soldiers carried out the Lekki shootings.

On Tuesday, October 20, suspected soldiers opened fire at the Lekki tollgate where young protesters had been converging in Lagos.

While the army initially denied having a hand in the incident, it said on Tuesday that it got involved because the Lagos government invited it to restore order.

Speaking on behalf of the groups, Publicity Secretary of CD and Chairman CD, South East Zone, Dede Uzor A.Uzor, said if the ultimatum expired without meeting the demands it would be an invitation to “another mother of all protests that will shake the foundation of Nigeria.”

<p class="has-drop-cap" value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80">The groups berated <strong>Lagos government</strong> and the Army for pretending not to know the people behind the shooting when in actual sense they were united in sending troops to Lekki toll gate, a fact the soldiers themselves cannot deny.The groups berated Lagos government and the Army for pretending not to know the people behind the shooting when in actual sense they were united in sending troops to Lekki toll gate, a fact the soldiers themselves cannot deny.

In a new development, the Governor of Lagos State, Sanwo — Olu made a Statement on Twitter according to Vanguard Newspapers.

He said “We have to be very careful in making a careless statement. It is a very sensitive issue. That’s all I can say for now.”

This statement comes after the Governor informed the public that the military came on their own accord and that he has no power to summon the military which the military denied saying they were invited by him as the situation got a bit tough.

Below are Screenshot from Twitter and how Nigerians are reacting to the Governor’s statement –

How do you relate with the Governor’s statement and what does it mean to you?

Source: The Sun News