According to Saharan reporters, at least 20 bodies of EndSARS demonstrators massacred by Nigerian Army personnel in Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos, on 20 October 2020 were secretly taken to the morgue of the Infectious Diseases Hospital (IDH) in Yaba on Friday.
Sahran reporters learned that the victims of the Lekki massacre were transferred to the IDH morgue after an autopsy was performed on their bodies at the Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine of Lagos State University Hospital in Ikeja.
The IDH morgue is located next to the 68 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital (68 NARH), a military health centre in Yaba.
Recall that last week soldiers opened fire on demonstrators who had gathered at the Lekki tollgate to protest against police brutality.
The incident triggered a worldwide outcry, with the call for justice echoing in different parts of the world.
It became known that some officers had uninstalled surveillance cameras in the area before the shooting began.
The electricity in the protest area was also switched off to prevent demonstrators from filming the attack.
Minutes later, heavily armed Nigerian soldiers entered the scene to complete the plan.
When the shots rang out, dozens of protesters had been killed.
Although the governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, blamed “forces beyond our control” for the attack, the army later announced in a statement that the governor had invited the soldiers to the site of the protest.
The soldiers involved in the operation also confirmed that they had been recruited for the mission at the governor’s request.
The soldiers deployed by the 65th Battalion, Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos, reported to the families of some of the victims, after leaving some of the injured and dead in the MRS hospital, that they had been sent by Sanwo-Olu.
Although the Governor insisted that only two deaths and no bloodstains were registered at the site of the protest, military sources informed Saharan reporters that no less than 30 protesters died as a result of the shooting.
Meanwhile, a human rights group, Amnesty International, has published a timeline of Lekki’s shooting, which it said followed an on-the-spot investigation of the incident.
In the timeline published on Wednesday, human rights groups said they had discovered soldiers opening fire on protesters at Camp Bonny.
The new timeline of the incident tells everything from the peaceful demonstration and the shooting to Governor Sanwo-Olu’s statement that the army was responsible for the shooting.
Amnesty International said its investigation had confirmed that the Nigerian army and police had killed peaceful demonstrators in Lagos.
It was reported today that soldiers outside the military hospital in Ikoyi prevented the Lagos court panel in #EndSARS from inspecting the hospital morgue.
The panel went unannounced to the hospital on Friday to investigate the shooting at the Lekki tollbooth, which reportedly killed 15 protesters.
Witnesses to the Lekki shooting accused the military of taking the bodies of those killed in the incident.<p class="has-drop-cap" value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80">Eye witness account 👇Eye witness account 👇
The panel met with resistance when it reached the door of the hospital.
Ebun Adegboruwa, a member of the panel, told the soldiers who stopped them at the door that the panel arrived at the hospital because it had information that could help the investigation.
“The facility is relevant to our investigation. We have a pathologist. We are here on behalf of the President, not just the Governor,” he said.
“We are following the quota procedure, and it is important that we visit the morgue because that will help us with our findings.
“If we are denied access, we will come back and take other measures. We will not force ourselves to go in. We have confidential information that the military hospital here is relevant to the investigation of the Lekki incident.
We understand that this hospital is controlled by the 65th Battalion and is under the control of the 81st Division. We are also taking steps to contact the military authorities”.
Adegboruwa said that although the panel had no evidence that there were bodies in the hospital.