After the lekki toll gate incident, there has been several doubts as to whether people died or not, the army denied shooting at protesters while protesters claim they were shoot at.
Well a mother who lose her son at the lekki toll gate incident has decided to come out and speak about the incident. While Speaking, she said her son was shot and thanks to his friends who picked him up and fled, she said maybe the soldiers would have seized his corpse and claim no one died. Her son was identified as one Anthony who’s said to be a university graduate.
The mother narrated to a journalist how her son was running with his friends despite been shot and how they even fell under a car. It was such a touching story to here.
Lagos- Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams has said the burning of Orile-Iganmu Police Station by hoodlums was part of the plans employed by the Lagos State Government to forcefully stop the #EndSARS protests in Lagos.
Adams who spoke in an interview with ARISE Television on Sunday morning also alleged that having tried several means which failed to stop the #EndSARS protests, thugs sponsored by politicians carried out the arson so as to blame it on the peaceful protesters.
He said the burning of the police station set the stage for Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to declare a curfew in the state, a move which later backfired as the protesters in Lekki refused to leave and were shot at by soldiers.
It has been an alleged trend that Igbo’s should leave the Yoruba state Lagos which is popularly regarded to as the “No Man’s Land”. It will be of a great unforseen big slam on the face of the Nigerian society if the Igbo’s are forced to leave the Lagos state as shared on the trendy video clip. The person speaking in the video gave the Igbo’s who resided in Lagos state 48 hours ultimatum to leave or face the consequences.
Earlier on, it was a fight for EndSARS and police brutality including bad governance and suddenly it has turned to what we never thought of. Is this how Nigeria can live and be United? I am glad to say that men of good and standard reasoning have debunked this message and insisting Igbo’s are going nowhere. The Yoruba land might face these challenge if the Igbo’s are made to leave their land.
Reduction of production and high capital generating in the state; They is no doubt that the Igbo tribe are known to be ingenious men who always create tangible things in the society. Their great population in the business sector with an understandable mind to make a positive difference is always visible. They have cited many business (money generating) mediums in this city and improved it immensely. If these Igbo men have to leave as alleged, Lagos state might be prepared to face a financial human and intellectual intelligence and resources. The business aid in the state might be forced to depreciate in the course of the unjust action.
The Indigenous Yoruba people should rebuke such an unthought decision that might stir up problem in our Nation.
Rita Daniels, mother of Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels has reacted to the 48-hour ultimatum given to the people of the Igbo tribe to evacuate from Lagos and all other Western States in Nigeria.
The ultimatum comes after one Mr. Adeyinka in a viral video accused the Igbo tribe as being the responsible for the destruction of Lagos state.
Reacting to the development, Rita Daniels has shared her view on the ethnic feud persistently looming in the country.
Sharing the video on her page, she wrote
“WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT SHOULD MAKE US WISER!
The President threat or speech yesterday broke us but thought us many hard lessons. Myself and so many others couldn’t sleep last night… We were broken!!!!!! We protested for 12 days without vandalisation12 days of rejecting bribe,12 days of caring and looking out for each other.12 days of giving free medical care and legal services, Brands, both national and international Celebrities, Churches all protested… influencial people were lobbied to add their voice… At the protest grounds, the Christians gave room for the Muslims to have their Jumat prayers The Christians had their service on Sunday… There was a candlelight service held all over the nation for fallen heroes, Youths despite the hard economy spent their personal money cooking for each other. No one knew who was a Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa, or Edo… We ate together and danced together. For 12 days, These were organised without a formal leader with just social media tweets, retweets, post, shares with a harshtag. For 12 days we built the Nigeria of our dreams… And built their nightmare… And they got scared. They know if we’re united we would have one voice, If we have one voice, we have power.And if we have that power… WE WOULD DEMAND A BETTER NIGERIA. If we’re united and not fighting how would they budget money for security to calm insurgency?How will they create religious fights and make money? So they sponsored hoodlums to disrupt the protest… But we overpowered these hoodlums by getting our own private securities and security dogs to protest grounds. When the military who were ordered by “Powers beyond their control” to shoot, When the guns were fired, They didn’t care who was a Muslim or Christian, They didn’t care who was Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Calabar or Urhobo. They killed unarmed people sitting down and singing the anthem. But when they want to instigate tribal wars and religious unrest, they remind you of your tribe and religion, When they want to make use of you for their selfish gain, they tell you to unite and take side with “your people” they remind you that you should be one. Do you all remembered.”
National President Emerging Leaders Forum of Nigeria ELFON has retirated efforts to hold a national conference.
The meeting started by 7:30am and ended in Abuja by 9:12am today dated 23-10-2020.
The Presidency EMERGING LEADERS FORUM OF NIGERIA (ELFON)
PRESS RELEASE – 23rd October, 2020
OUTCOME OF THE EMERGENCY MEETING OF HEADS OF 14 NATIONAL YOUTH/STUDENT GROUPS
After listening to the long awaited address by President Muhammadu Buhari to Nigerians as regards the ENDSARS Protest, an emergency meeting of the 14 National Heads of Nigerian Youths and students’ groups was held and the following decisions were taken:
That a National Youth Conference be held.
That the conference will shall have only 500 National Youth Delegates; a. 3 Youth Delegates from each of the 109 senatorial districts in Nigeria b. 3 Youth Delegates each from the recognized 14 national Youth organisations c. 36 states students union Presidents. d. 59 Young Parliamentarians from States & National Assembly e. 36 National Youth Patrons.
That the Conference shall be a 2 days event to be held in Abuja on the 31st of October and 1st of November 2020.
That having noted that hired thug and hoodlums have hijacked the peaceful Protest, thereby causing mayhem in our Nation, We call on all youth and student Organisations to end the protests forthwith to enable due us uncover the hoodlums.
That we appeal to President Muhammad Buhari to as a matter of national interest allow in the interim, the Military Police to assist the Nigerian Police force and other security agencies in maintaining law and order as we do not want any live to be lost anymore.
That there are issues about the Nigerian Youthdom and the Nation at large which weren’t captured/ addressed in Mr. President’s recent speech to Nigerians. We intend to beam these issues for public hearing during our Conference.
That all Political interest groups mobilizing thugs against Peaceful Nigerian Youths should stop forthwith.
That no Youth or Youth group should allow enemies of Nigeria to mobilize them for any form of religious, ethnic or politically induced protest.
That knowing the issues that gave birth to the peaceful protests. We will come with a blue print at the end of the conference which will be Presented to Mr. President for a lasting solution to our problems as young people.
That with heart full of pains we deeply wish to deposit our unreserved condolences to the families of those who lost their lives during the struggle for a better Nigeria. And for those that sustained various degrees of injuries, we pray and wish all of them quick recovery.
That the unity of Nigeria is non- negotiable and we urge the Federal Government to be Youths Partners in Progress.
May the souls of those that lost their lives in the struggle for a better Nigeria continue to rest in perfect peace, Amen.
Yours in Nation Building,
Amb. Godstime Chukwubuikem Samuel National President of ELFON
Hon. Saidu Ahmed .E National Secretary, ELFON
Hon. Kassim Muhammed Kassim Chairman, Conference Planning Committee
Today, the intensity of the END POLICE BRUTALITY, END SARS, and END BAD GOVERNANCE Protests was high and it led to loss of lives. Aside the fact that many persons died today, one of those who death touched the hearts of many was Oke, a web developer whose pictures flocked the internet immediately he died.
Before being fired, Oke made a tweet which goes that, “Nigeria will not end me’. Three hours after saying this, Oke was killed and his life was cut short.
His partner, whose twitter handle is derinmama shared the lovely pictures she had with Oke tearfully captioned it, “we had forever to go Oke.” She added, “I’m going to dwell all our beautiful memories, we had a lot.”
Many friends, Colleagues, and Protesters who knew Oke also said many things about him. Some of them are provided below:
Dare Adekoya said, “They killed our brother.”
Fiyin Adeniyi said, “we lost one of ours today.”
Aderinsola said, “Oke is dead and somebody has to pay.”
Aderinsola also said, “He was my mentor. He was one of my best friends. He was a good person. He didn’t deserve this.”
Lola Salehu said, “Oke I’m so sorry. So sorry Nigeria reduced you to this. Your dreams. I’m so sorry. You don’t have any pictures online and I don’t want that picture to be all they remember you by. Rest well please.”
Below are more pictures of Late Oke.
Kindly leave a prayer for the deceased. At this point, we need to stay indoors and keep praying peace is finally restored into this country of Ours. This is really a painful time for us all!
Former Presidential Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, in an interview with Chude Jideonwo disclosed how Goodluck Jonathan’s final days in Aso Rock were.
Mr Abati stressed on the fickleness of power and why it is important to remember that real power belongs to the people in the long run.
Giving an insight into the occurrences in the aftermath of the 2015 elections that saw his principal, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, ousted from office, Abati revealed how quickly power slipped from him after conceding defeat.
“The first thing I noticed after that phone call that the President had conceded, is that people stopped coming to the villa to see the former President. The villa became a ghost town. The traffic to that villa just disappeared.”
“We were seeing pictures of people already going to the other side, to the President-Elect, including members of the Jonathan government. They had changed camp, and the speed with which it was done was amazing.”
“Around the villa, some of the people started taking excuses that they wanted to go to their village, or London for a checkup. These were people who would ordinarily not move an inch, who wanted to be in the presence of the President all the time. That taught me a lesson, that you’re only as relevant as the position you occupy,” Abati added
The Abuja Municipal Area Council AMAC has disbanded its taskforce on traffic control following complaints by members of the public on the excesses of the team.
Chairman of the Council, Hon. Abdullahi Adamu Candido an ounces the dissolution on Monday in Abuja at a townhall meeting organized by the Federal Capital Territory FCT Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists NUJ.
He said the task force operatives had gone beyond the rules of engagement set out for them by the council.
While he apologized profusely for the indiscretions of the operatives, the council boss said the taskforce will now be replaced by the AMAC Marshal, a guard company owned by the council.
He said the AMAC Marshal guards would be well trained in collaboration with Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Directorate of Road Traffic Regulations (DRTS) before they will fully commence operations.
Earlier, Chairman of the FCT Council of the NUJ, Comrade said the town hall meeting was not an attempt to witch-hunt the council, saying the event was aimed at brainstorming on how to bring an end to the incessant harrassment of residents, including journalists, by AMAC taskforce.
The event which was declared open by a former Chairman of FCT Council of the NUJ, Mr Malachy Uzendu, had in attendance the Chairman, Abuja Municipal Area Council AMAC, Hon. Abdullahi Adamu Candido, his vice, Lawrence Onuchukwu, council officials, Director, Department of Outdoor Advertisement and Signage DOAS in the FCT Administration, Dr Babagana Adam and FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma who was represented.
Others were the FCT Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC, Ayuba Gora Wobin, Director Operations of the FCT DRTS, Mr Dele Yaro, Executive Director of CASER, Barr. Frank Tietie, representatives of various transport unions, members of the NUJ and the public.
The town hall meeting was necessitated by concerns from members of the public, particularly motorists, over the high-handedness, extortion and harassment by the taskforce.
AMAC authorities had severally stated that not all revenue collectors are genuine, however, the NUJ felt there was need to critically examine the character of the Taskforce and sift the wheat from the chaff.
Nigeria Youths are violently erupting and or spurting pains against scornful Politicians of Nigeria Extraction, who inflicted pains on the innocent generation, the movement has been on across the nook and cranny of Nigerian for over ten days and still counting.
The leaderless movement that is currently sweeping the entire Nation has gained momentum over the days, as different clerics from Nigeria and beyond keep endorsing the movement championed by Nigeria Youths who feel enraged by the Long lasted administrative ineptitude in Nigeria.
Just this morning, a popular Abuja pastor known as, Dr Pastor Paul Enenche joined the Youths to Press home thier demands despite the tight security difficulty in Nation’s capital occasioned by last night’s hoodlum Attack on peaceful protesters.
At the time of filing this report, the renowned Pastor is yet to be Grant a press interview as the solidarity movement continues among heavy turnout of protesters.
In a similar fashion, report suggest that, thousands of Nigerian Youths are also engaged in the peaceful demonstration in Jos, Lagos and other states of the federation.
Peace has finally returned to the rich Owaza community in Ukwa west local Government Area of Abia state after the killing of two soldiers in the area caused crisis which saw many residents flee their homes following military invasion of the community.
The peace efforts was brokered by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen. Tukur Buratai, the senator representing Abia south in the Senate, Enyinnaya Abaribe, his House of Representatives counterpart for Ukwa federal constituency, Uzoma Abonta and leaders of the Owaza community.
It should be recalled that members of the oil rich community have been on the run for over two weeks following the killing of two soldiers and snatching of their riffles in Okorhia-Uzuaku community, also in Ukwa West LGA same as Owaza.
The incident as gathered made soldiers attached to the 144 battalion of the Nigerian Army, Asa, Ukwa West LGA besiege the oil rich community, arresting people in search of the guns of their murdered colleagues.
The people lamented that the killing which never took place in Owaza has brought untold hardship on them, leading to the death of five persons who were running and trying to escape from the massive arrest by the army.
Speaking to Journalists, HRH Eze Obioma Nworgu, Eze-Oha-1 of Etitioha-Owaza, condemned the killing of the soldiers by unknown men, and specifically thanked Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Tukur Buratai for hearing the cries of Owaza people.
Eze Nworgu also thanked the Senator representing Abia South Senatorial Zone, Enyinnaya Abaribe and Member Representing Ukwa-East and Ukwa-West Federal Constituency, Hon. Uzoma Abonta for the role they played in speaking with the military hierarchies in Abuja.
He said that his people have always lived peacefully with the military for many years and will never contemplate any act they will bring about breakdown of law and order not to talk of trying to kill the same committed soldiers that are protecting them.
Eze Nworgu also expressed his gratitude to Maj-Gen. Lasisi Adegboye, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu and military authorities at the 14 Brigade Ohafia and the 144 Battalion, Asa for the free medical treatment and palliatives given to the people just after peace returned to the area.
He stated that the Owaza Community will continue to cooperate with the military in ensuring that the guns were recovered and also for better security in the entire Owaza Community and Ukwa West in general.
He said “We’re happy they came with the surprised package giving us palliatives and Medical treatments. This means that they are cooperating with us and we’ll continue to support them.
“I appreciate them for granting my request. We’ll work with them to ensure that the guns are recovered. We shall also look into ourselves and correct every mistake where necessary”.
“We can’t allow anything that can attract such things here again. I also thank the state for their own effort,” he said.
A community stakeholder, Comrade Onyemachi Dimgba said that his people are not happy over the whole incident, but are grateful to their king HRH Eze Obioma Nworgu for making a serious move that brought peace back to Owaza.
He lamented that aside the deaths already recorded, several other persons are still injured in the hospital while trying to escape for their dear lives.
He said; “In all, we say to God be the glory. He used our King (Eze Nworgu) who took a drastic step to Abuja to meet our representatives who responded adequately and pleaded with the military authorities to bring peace back to us.
“Our thanks go to both our King and our Federal Representatives. We’re grateful to our Senator and Federal Constituency Representative. The army gave him an award as a peaceful king.
“He’s a peacemaking king and the award he received is a testimony of that. We’re also happy with the state because we have no choice.
”This community is lacking a lot. The Army brought free Medical treatment here. They treated people and our people are back home.
“They also gave us palliatives. We’re grateful to them. We commend them and we shall continue to cooperate with our army because they’re helping us to make here safe.”