The NBA and CDHR represented over 100 alleged looters arraigned by the police and military before a magistrate court sitting in Benin City on Tuesday.

The Benin branch of the Nigerian Bar Association and the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights have offered free legal service for alleged looters arrested by the police in Edo State.

The NBA and CDHR represented over 100 alleged looters arraigned by the police and military before a magistrate court sitting in Benin City on Tuesday.
The legal counsels were led by National President of CDHR, Osagie Obayuwana, Bar Public Defender, Dennis Osaretin, Legal Consult, Osayuki King, and other respected counsel from the Benin bar and human rights community.
The police and military charged the suspects for various offenses including looting of COVID-19 palliatives and violation of curfew.
The suspects were all granted bail with the NBA and CDHR helping to perfect their bail at no cost to the suspects.
“We are committed to providing free legal representations to all victims of #ENDSARS  protest in Edo state and many who have become victims of oppression by the very same government who ought to protect and provide for them,” the NBA said.
Recall that residents of different states including Edo, Lagos, Osun, Abuja, Plateau and Ogun had discovered warehouses where COVID-19 palliatives are being hoarded by state governments.
The residents overpowered the security personnel guarding the warehouses and made away with the palliatives.
The police are currently making attempt to recover the palliatives including making house-to-house search.
Tension Mounts As Buhari, Army Gets 15-day Ultimatum To Expose Lekki Massacre Soldiers, 4 More Death Recorded
Lekki: Right groups give FG, Army 15-day ultimatum to fish out ‘killer’ soldiers

A coalition of four civil society groups- Campaign for Democracy (CD), Human Rights, Liberty Access and Peace Defenders’ Foundation (HURIDE), Civil Liberties Organization (CLO) and Igbo Elders Forum (IEF) – yesterday, gave 15-day ultimatum to the Federal Government and the Army to fish out soldiers that shot peaceful protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos, to avert another protest.

The groups berated Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu for what they termed “double standard” of allegedly inviting soldiers, denying knowledge of who invited them and setting up panel to probe killings.

This is as the Amnesty International (AI) insisted that soldiers carried out the Lekki shootings.

On Tuesday, October 20, suspected soldiers opened fire at the Lekki tollgate where young protesters had been converging in Lagos.

While the army initially denied having a hand in the incident, it said on Tuesday that it got involved because the Lagos government invited it to restore order.

Speaking on behalf of the groups, Publicity Secretary of CD and Chairman CD, South East Zone, Dede Uzor A.Uzor, said if the ultimatum expired without meeting the demands it would be an invitation to “another mother of all protests that will shake the foundation of Nigeria.”

<p class="has-drop-cap" value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80">The groups berated <strong>Lagos government</strong> and the Army for pretending not to know the people behind the shooting when in actual sense they were united in sending troops to Lekki toll gate, a fact the soldiers themselves cannot deny.The groups berated Lagos government and the Army for pretending not to know the people behind the shooting when in actual sense they were united in sending troops to Lekki toll gate, a fact the soldiers themselves cannot deny.

In a new development, the Governor of Lagos State, Sanwo — Olu made a Statement on Twitter according to Vanguard Newspapers.

He said “We have to be very careful in making a careless statement. It is a very sensitive issue. That’s all I can say for now.”

This statement comes after the Governor informed the public that the military came on their own accord and that he has no power to summon the military which the military denied saying they were invited by him as the situation got a bit tough.

Below are Screenshot from Twitter and how Nigerians are reacting to the Governor’s statement –

How do you relate with the Governor’s statement and what does it mean to you?

Source: The Sun News

The End SARS peaceful protesters which had earlier turned into a looting movement by some hoodlums who took over the protest by killing, looting, and destroying of people’s properties. These have been going on in most of the thirty-six (36) States in Nigeria.

One of the reasons for the protest was to eradicate the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) and also to put to an end Police brutality and constant extortion from the Police Unit.

The protest went so well until it was finally ruined by hoodlums who hijacked the process with evil intentions. There is no doubt, the protesters have passed their messages which the Federal Government has promised to look into it.

It was gathered that in some parts of the State, some youth are still carrying out the same protest and Oyo State is included.

The video below shows how a young man by the name Kayode Babayomi who acknowledged himself to be part of the End SARS protest in Oyo State. He said there was a call-out meeting in which some of the youths were included, but the agenda of the meeting was already diverted and jeopardized, the State Government of Oyo State gave the End SARS protest group the sum of N1 Million to share among themselves, but he insisted that the money should be returned to the State Government.

<p class="has-drop-cap" value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80">He further said that accusing fingers were pointed at him for not letting the youths share the money and he was harassed by some thugs who threw him out of the meeting. He also disclosed some representatives of the State Government who were part of the whole arrangement. He further said that accusing fingers were pointed at him for not letting the youths share the money and he was harassed by some thugs who threw him out of the meeting. He also disclosed some representatives of the State Government who were part of the whole arrangement.

Please press and hold on the link below to watch the video 👇

It’s very funny to see that some youths are fighting for the betterment of the country while others are still engaging themselves with the same people they are fighting against. Is this how the youths would take over?

Do you think the youths will be able to handle what they are looking for?

Do you also think money can cause disagreement and separation amongst the youths?

Do you think the country will be better when the youths become leaders?

Please what are your thoughts on this?

Also, see people’s reactions below 👇

A file photo of INEC Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu.

President Muhammadu Buhari has reappointed Professor Mahmood Yakubu as Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for another five-year term.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, confirmed this in a statement on Tuesday.

Adesina disclosed that President Buhari had nominated Professor Yakubu for an appointment as INEC chairman for a second and final term in a letter addressed to the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan.

He explained that the President’s action was in accordance with the provision of Section 154 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended).

Professor Yakubu’s reappointment is, however, subject to approval by members of the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

“I am pleased to present for confirmation by the Senate, the nomination of Professor Mahmood Yakubu for appointment as Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for a second and final term,” President Buhari was quoted as saying in the letter.

He first appointed the INEC chairman to oversee the activities of the electoral umpire in November 2015, six months after he assumed the office of the President.

Since the appointment of Professor Yakubu who took over from Professor Attahiru Jega, INEC has conducted many elections, including the 2019 polls which saw the President extending his stay in office for another four years.

Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola,

The Federal Government has declared Thursday as a public holiday to mark this year’s Eid-el Maolud celebration in commemoration of the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.

The Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, who made the declaration on behalf of the government, congratulated the Muslim faithful both at home and abroad for witnessing this year’s occasion.

This was contained in a statement on Tuesday by the spokesman, Ministry of Interior, Mohammed Manga, titled, ‘FG declares Thursday, October 29,2020 public holiday to mark Eidul Mawlid celebration.’

Aregbesola enjoined Nigerians, particularly Muslims, to abhor violence, lawlessness, wantonness and robbery  “as witnessed across the country most recently, stressing that Nigeria is the pride of the black race and should provide responsible leadership for the greatness and development of the African continent and all black people.”


Politics in Nigeria is nothing but a game. Even after a lot of people die in Lekki massacre all this politicians could still do is to start going to Social Media to blast each other

As someone once said Nigeria should have a YouTube channel as drama doesn’t cease to happen.El Rufai blast Tinubu is not a shock because Tinubu deserve it sincerely. He left his people in Lagos State in danger and do not returns until many people loose their lives. It’s one week yesterday that the disastrous happening occur at night in Lekki Toll gate.

El Rufai blast Tinubu for the wrong he did although he deserves it but for someone like him who is also on the verge to complete a massive building in his State even as the protest is going on.

Tinubu as reportedly disclaim the news about destroying his property at Lekki Toll gate as he said he has no property at the Business Avenue.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala,

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria’s nominee for the office of the director-general of the World Trade Organisation, has emerged winner of the highly competitive race.

TheCable reports that Okonjo-Iweala was chosen as the final candidate for the much-coveted role. She polled 104 votes from 164 member countries to defeat how South Korea’s trade minister at the final stage of the race.

She has broken many records, including becoming the first African to occupy /win that office at the WTO.

The official announcement is expected to be made by the WTO at 3pm Nigerian time.

Benin Youths Brought Out Ayelala, So The Government Can Swear They Didn’t Set The Inmates Free.

 Ayelala in the Yoruba religion is a deity known for punishing offenders. If Ayelala is invoked upon offenders, then something bad is expected to happen to them. The deity is a very wicked one, and no one will pray to fall under the bondage of Ayelala.

The deity is best known as the goddess of justice. If you therefore swear with the name of Ayelala, you should be ready to say nothing but the truth. This is a part of the Yoruba culture, and it is a form of judiciary during the past.

 Recall that Monday, many prisoners escaped from prison in Benin. Different reports stated that some hoodlums attacked the prison and set inmates free.

 Some people still doesn’t believe this, as the think the inmates were set free by government. The Benin Youths have brought out Ayelala, and they are expecting the government to swear in the name of the deity.

 This was posted by one DJ Aladice on social media, who said:

 “Benin youth brought out AYELALA so the government can swear they aren’t the ones who opened the prison.” 

Investigations of what happened at the Lekki Toll on the 20th day of October, 2020 is ongoing both locally and internationally. This is evidenced from the report of Amnesty International about receiving credible but disturbing evidences about the massacre and the recent launch of the Lagos state judicial panel on the same matter.

<p class="has-drop-cap" value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80">The spoke person to former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Reno Omokri have been an active voice against bad governance in the country and since the whole unrest in the country began, he never relented to stand against the oppression of the peaceful protesters. Since the incidence at the Lekki Toll Gate, Reno have insisted that justice must be served to those who lost their lives at the Lekki Toll Gate. Reno have been releasing evidences to counter the initial denial of the Millitary's involvement with the Lekki massacre.The spoke person to former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Reno Omokri have been an active voice against bad governance in the country and since the whole unrest in the country began, he never relented to stand against the oppression of the peaceful protesters. Since the incidence at the Lekki Toll Gate, Reno have insisted that justice must be served to those who lost their lives at the Lekki Toll Gate. Reno have been releasing evidences to counter the initial denial of the Millitary’s involvement with the Lekki massacre.

To the crux of the matter, in other to lay more emphasis behind his claims, Reno tweeted about the revelations made by the #LekkiMassacre survivors on his official Twitter account.

Summarily, according to Reno, the survivor revealed that they were offered five million naira each to walk away and forget the incidence. He said that those survivors revealed that the offer was made through a phone call by the government officials. He further gave an assurance that the details of these calls available.

See the tweet below:

Please, state your opinions on this issue.

Remember to click the follow button up.

Don’t get too excited, Buhari will never approve state, LGA police – Fani-Kayode

Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has reacted to a statement by the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army on the shootings at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos State.

The chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a series of tweets on his official Twitter page on Tuesday said that the statement by the Nigerian Army has a grave implication on the State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu

According to the politician, Sanwo-Olu was thrown under the bus by the Army.

He wrote: “The @HQNigerianArmy claim it was the LASG that asked for soldiers to be deployed at Lekki. The implications of this for @jidesanwoolu are grave. He has been thrown under the bus by the military.”

The Acting Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 81 Division, Maj. Osoba Olaniyi, had disclosed in a statement, that the troops were requested to restore law and order 24 hours after the curfew was declared.

<p class="has-drop-cap" value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80">Olaniyi insisted that the soldiers did not shoot at the#EndSARS protesters, adding that the personnel acted within “the confines of the Rules of Engagement for Internal Security operations.”Olaniyi insisted that the soldiers did not shoot at the#EndSARS protesters, adding that the personnel acted within “the confines of the Rules of Engagement for Internal Security operations.”